Uma pausa no dia para alimentar a mente e o espírito - Compilação dos Melhores artigos encontrados na net
Barra de vídeo
sexta-feira, 23 de outubro de 2015
Chris Rock to host 2016 Oscars
The comedy star last hosted the event in 2005
hris Rock is coming back to host the Oscars for a second time.
The show's producers say the prolific comedian-filmmaker will be at the helm for the 88th Academy Awards on February 28 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles. Producers David Hill and Reginald Hudlin called Rock "the MVP of the entertainment industry."
The 50-year-old entertainer, who hosted the 77th Oscars in 2005, posted a photo of himself with an Oscar statuette on Twitter with the caption, "Look who's back."
Rock is the only non-white Oscar host to helm the show in the past 10 years. The film academy has visibly increased its diversity outreach efforts since it was derided earlier this year for its all-white slate of acting nominees.
Rock has won four Emmy Awards for his comedy series and specials. He's best known for creating the TV series Everybody Hates Chris and he starred in The Longest Yard and Madagascar. He recently directed the comedy special Amy Schumer: Live at the Apollo for HBO. In 2014, he wrote, directed and starred in the feature Top Five, and in 2009, he produced, wrote and starred in the documentary Good Hair.
The producers said they planned to move away from the song and dance show feel in recent years under hosts that included Broadway star Hugh Jackman and Neil Patrick Harris. Under Harris last year, the U.S. television audience fell to its lowest in six years with some 36.6 million viewers.
"Rock screams film, and that is what we are doing with the show this year. The show is going to be about movies," Hill said.
The producers denied that the choice of Rock also reflected criticism that last year's nominees for the movie industry's highest awards were overwhelmingly white.
Salon.com's Anna Silman on Wednesday noted that some of the most memorable moments of recent awards shows have dealt with the lack of diversity in the entertainment industry. "It will be great to have a host who isn't afraid to confront that head on," Silman wrote of Rock's selection.
In 2005, Rock delivered biting criticism of then U.S. President George W. Bush. The 2016 Academy Award ceremony will take place as the U.S. presidential election campaign moves into high gear, giving Rock an opportunity for pointed political comedy once again.
The Academy Awards ceremony will take place in Hollywood on Feb. 28. Nominations will be announced in January. Other recent hosts include Ellen DeGeneres, Jon Stewart, James Franco and Anne Hathaway, and Seth MacFarlane.
Chris Rock's five best jokes:
1) If I ever have a daughter I'm going to name her Taken. That way, when a boy asks her name she'll say "Hi, I'm Taken'
2) Yeah, I love being famous. It’s almost like being white, y’know?
3) We got so much food in America we’re allergic to food. Allergic to food! Hungry people ain’t allergic to s---. You think anyone in Rwanda’s got a f------ lactose intolerance?
4) I had a cop pull me over the other day, scared me so bad, made me think I stole my own car. “Get out of the car, get out of the f------ car! You stole this car!” I was like, “Damn, maybe I did!”
5) The only acting you ever see at the Oscars is when people act like they're not mad they lost. Nicole Kidman was smiling so wide, she should have won an Emmy at the Oscars for her great performance. I was like, "If you'd done that in the movie, you'd have won an Oscar, girl."